AN EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO ACQUIRE A MODERN
5 BEDROOM FAMILY HOME WITH SELF-CONTAINED ACCOMMODATION AND A WELL ESTABLISHED FISHERIES BUSINESS IN A LOVELY RURAL POSITION
Local Amenities: Headcorn has an extensive range of shops catering for everyday needs including a bakery, grocery, fishmongers, chemist, post office and various restaurants.
Comprehensive shopping: Major supermarkets can be found in Tenterden, with further shopping in Ashford, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells. Bluewater shopping is located off the M25 Junction 2 (A2/M2).
Mainline rail services: to London Charing Cross and Cannon Street can be found at Headcorn station. Eurostar trains are available from Ashford International. A high speed train service runs from Ashford to London St Pancras in about 37 minutes.
Education: Like many parts of Kent there are some excellent schools in the area. In the state sector there are grammar schools for boys and girls in Maidstone, Canterbury, Faversham and Ashford, local primary schools with excellent Ofsted reports and in the private sector independent girl and boy’s schools in Ashford, Sutton Valence, Canterbury and Tonbridge.
Motorway links: The M25 via the A21 can be accessed at J5 and the M20 via J8 both providing links to Gatwick and Heathrow airport and other motorway networks and channel tunnel terminus.
Manor Fisheries occupies a lovely rural position under a mile from the pretty village of Headcorn with its range of shops, amenities and mainline station with frequent services to London.
The main house which was built in the late 1980s sits amidst landscaped gardens that stretch away to an adjoining paddock and, in turn, the coarse fishing lakes. Internally, the property provides well-proportioned and presented accommodation arranged over two floors amounting to in excess of 4,000 sq ft.
Points of note include:
• Sealed unit double glazed windows with timber frames, an abundance of wooden joinery including reclaimed oak doors, polished brick flooring to the reception hall and dining room and terracotta floor tiles to the kitchen, utility room and cloakroom.
• Over the ground floor are four reception rooms including an impressive 32ft drawing room which benefits from a triple aspect and has a wood burning stove and French doors that lead out to a covered verandah.
• The kitchen/breakfast room is fitted with a range of cupboards and central island, complemented by granite work surfaces. Appliances include a four oven electric Aga, integral wall mounted ovens, dishwasher, fridge and wine fridge. Sliding doors open to the interconnecting family room creating a flexible family space if required.
• From the reception hall a turned oak staircase leads to the galleried first floor landing. Situated on this floor is the master suite, which has extensive fitted cupboards equipped with hanging and storage, a stylishly appointed en suite shower room and superb balcony from where views over the gardens and countryside beyond can be enjoyed.
• Four further bedrooms served by three bath/shower rooms (two en suite) complete the first floor accommodation.
Manor Fisheries is approached via timber five bar gates which open to a substantial gravelled parking area to the front of the property with central fountain.
The gardens lie mainly to the rear of the house with a wide Indian sandstone terrace continuing to expansive level lawns bordered by well stocked herbaceous beds and an array of specimen trees.
MANOR FISHERIES APARTMENTS
To the east of the house lies a detached purpose built outbuilding, which is currently utilised as holiday accommodation for the successful fisheries business and incorporates three excellent self-contained one and two bedroom apartments, all with fitted kitchens and bath/shower rooms.
A detached 18th century oak framed barn with half hipped plain tiled roof is currently divided into storage areas and there is a useful workshop together with a recreation room.
LAND & FISHERIES
Manor Fisheries was selected by Anglers Mail in 2016 as a “Best Day Fishery Venue” and extends to approximately 10 acres in total. The property is divided into three predominant sectors; gardens and grounds, pasture with potential for equestrian use, and three fishing lakes. The audited business is supported by a popular and dynamic website.
Click on video button above to see www.manor-fisheries.co.uk
All the lakes have well-kept natural grass banks with delightful views of the surrounding countryside. The first lake is approximately 1.1 acres and is stocked with Carp to 30lbs+ and feeds into the second lake which is 1.2 acres and predominantly stocked with Catfish where some are 50lbs+ plus double figure Carp.
The final tier is the coarse lake, approximately 1.6 acres in size, and runs centrally between the two lakes to the south and the River Sherway, which boundaries the Fisheries to the north. The coarse lake is stocked with a range of coarse fish including Carp, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd and Perch.
The Fisheries complex has been grown, improved and maintained to a high level over the past 10 years and presents an exciting opportunity for continuation of the existing business or for private enjoyment.
There is a separate access track that runs along the west of the residential elements, leading to the car park and through to the lakes. Facilities include a lockable store which is currently offered to guests in conjunction with the holiday lets, a kitchen, W.C. and seating area is also available for all guests using the fisheries.
Acreage: 10 Acres